Sunday, August 5, 2007

Proud Mary keeps on burning. (Narita Airport, Tokyo, Japan)

Hmmmm. 1 flight down. Only a 3 hour layover, a 7 hour flight from Tokyo to Bangkok, an 8 hour nap at the airport, a 1.5 hour flight to Krabi, a ferry to Koh Lanta and to the promise land of a shower, some sunshine and a freakin bed. Have you ever been on a 13 hour flight in the middle seat? I have. Its the type of gut-wrenching crapulance that makes you want to work yourself to death to afford first class. The woman to the left liked to talk about how many times she had flown to Japan and how much she liked this movie or that. Did I like that movie or this? The woman on the right was an obsessive compulsive and was fascinated with cleaning her pants. She had one of those mini rollers and boy did she ever like using it. What was she trying to clean off I wonder? She was kind though and pretended to not mind the hourly washroom breaks and leisurely "strolls" around the cabin that I had taken a liking to. Sleep was elusive and sanity was fragile. Air Canada is a FAR cry from Air Tahiti Nui. Not even in the same league (albeit a different price structure, but I digress).

Oh well, at least the Internet is cheap.

1 comment:

  1. My Dad (Bob Buckie - we used to live near you in Caledonia) said he's been talking to you (or at least looking at your blog) and that you spend time in S.E. Asia.
    I just moved back to Medan, just, so I don't have a place yet, but if you pass through here in a little while and need a place to stay, call me (081 361 167 814), I should have a house by then.
    Sorry about the blood fever.

    ReplyDelete