Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Oh to have all mornings like this

My coffee soaks up vanilla as I watch another morning unfold. I can't seem to get the mixture of raw vanilla and sugar right. So much stress. The Devil twists up a couple of smokes. "Guy" comes in with a personal message for me to deliver to the mayor of Maupiti.

I ask for my bill and I get in a fight with Anna. None of the food is on it. She simply says "all of that fish is for my family". As if that explains it. Of course I should be a part of her family after knowing her for 4 days. Ingrid later said that Anna thought I was kind. Sucker.

This isn't my reality, "I got it on loan". But for this moment, I know a peace, an acceptance, a happiness, and a tranquility that surprises me. I can't believe I am leaving today. Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment