Tuesday, June 26, 2007

And over

I've just taken my lab requisition for blood work and given it to Anna's child in the form of a paper airplane. He seems to be obsessed with such things, and I am reeling from the symbolism. The joy from pain, flying the only proof that such a fever rocked my body so cruelly. Ingrid and I howl as Goldfish1 and Goldfish2 leave on a scooter. The kid is giving that piece of paper the "what for" it deserves. I'm drunk. Le Diable donné moi une bouteille de bordeax sont tres bonne. I get psyched out as the kid flies the paper plane through my almost ipenetrable defenses. It has already been enhanced with pictures of hearts on the wings. Aimé brings out a massive plate of swordfish sushi. All I can eat. What a place.

Anna selects and books me a bed in Ra'itea without asking. Aimé tries with some success to make the kid thank me for my aero gift in English. I am happy. I teach the kid how to flick beer caps. I learn my third Tahitian word "AITA" = "No". I feel like some sort of terrible uncle. Ingrid gives me a new flower for my ear and also presents me with five buds wrapped in a banana leaf for later. Ingrid takes a beer cap and puts her hands behind her back. I successfully convince the kid that his original choice is erroneous. The wonderment when I am right! Score two for me with the kid. Then the little bastard cheats. How dare he hide the beer cap in _neither_ of his hands !!!? I thrash him within an inch of his life. Anywho, the next 30 minutes or so are variants on a similar theme. Cheaters, every last one of them :) I am seriously worried that I am coming down with something bad. I don't even like kids.

Every woman who passes gives me a kiss and every sweaty hand out there wants to shake mine. People come and go and time slides by like forgotten silk. We go out for a couple of Maitais and I lay my weary head to rest. Another day in Paradise.

Aimé tried to get me while I was out. They wanted to have me over for dinner. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment