Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Why I would never make money building out retail space (Vancouver, BC)

It takes me a long time to build things. This wall shouldn't take anyone a day plus to cut and assemble. There were some things that were not in my favour, like the lack of any real tools, slot wall that is only sold with the slots running the wrong way (why is that?), a million little measurements, random electrical and mechanical bits of unknown purpose that needed to be abandoned or moved or remounted or buried, metal stud construction that is mysteriously off centre and at weird intervals. Did I mention the 1 by 3 inch level that I had to work with? Still. Frustrating. Long. I again am shocked at how heavy sawdust and glue can get in big sheets.

The good news is that I have stricken another potential job off of my list. The bad news is that this day happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment