Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Anniversary

Its been a bit "full circle" for me of late. I had my one year anniversary of leaving for Peru (March 5th) last week. The fact that I was in Vancouver (the first trip I took by myself when I was 18) was somehow just; that trip marked a whole bunch of firsts for me. The fact that I realized it while getting a sunburn on a mountain top made me smile. It was the first time I had been snowboarding in 5? years. Maybe less, but a long time. [EDITOR'S NOTE: I'm splitting hairs for effect in this statement. "Myself" is literally by myself. Todd and I went to Key West when I was 16. Go liberal parents!]

I'll be here for another week. I still feel shame. I will be missing Garth's bacon party. The bacumentary will not happen which I am actually pretty sad about. It was going to work out to $1000 and missing a weekend in Whistler to make it happen. I don't love bacon that much. I really should have got my act together on the return flight sooner.

Matt and I have sampled a bit of the night life. Its pretty rough in parts of this town which I have always known, but never fully been immersed in. Its odd to want to get back into the sketchy club where things make sense and away from the East Hastings fringe. The scene is small, but people are FRIENDLY. Its kind of refreshing and fun.

Building, building, building. The store is starting to look pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment