Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back to the story (Huahine -> Raitaia)

So I need to wrap up my thoughts around French Polynesia. Some of the next few posts might be a bit dated.

Ingrid gave me a lift to the airport out of Huahine. She bought me a Hinano beer tshirt, 2 shell necklaces, some more flowers and 2 cds of her favourite Tahitian music. I felt a bit like a kept man, but I am ok with that. Pat - you must be so proud of your son right now!

So SAD to leave. My Gawd.

15 minute flight to Raitaia. I've never been on a 15 minute flight before. It must be like flying from Barrie to Pearson in a 747. The pension was nice and I'm back to dorm room living to cut some costs. I don't have anything that I care about other than my passport and my credit card and after 4 thousand pictures or so, my digital camera doesn't owe me anything. My kit is pretty lean these days. I have 2 tshirts, a bathing suit, a pair of shorts, a couple of books, my camera and charger, a mini first aid kit and my diary in a gym bag. I always wanted be one of those ultra lite types. I'm cheating of course. I've got a lot of stuff stowed in Papeete, but for the last 12 days of this trip - I'm hardcore.

I need to make it to Maupiti somehow, but the flights don't work. I'm going to see if I can scam a boat. I think there is a ferry or I might offer my "expert" hahaha crewing services on one of the yachts. Its a long shot and I only have a week to get in and out. If I'm lucky, there might be one of the boats that I met coming across that wouldn't mind a stowaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment