Monday, March 5, 2007

Touched

I can't believe the generosity and kindness that I have experienced over the last week.

So many people have come out of the woodwork to offer their support in the 11th hour. I believe that there is family out there which isn't born of blood. It takes the form of little folded pieces of encouragement found in your pocket, chauffer service, courier service, meaningful cards with Peruvian beer money stapled to the back, Greyhounds buses, books, dinners, much needed tech, people pulling you aside and letting you know that something you said months ago meant something, shelter, little emails of encouragement, letters whose delayed opening is mandated, much needed advice and even cash, lending, giving and offering.

Then of course there is blood, who have done most of this and more. I couldn´t ask for better.

I don't really know what to say.