Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blogger template edits (footer font size, post widths)

Did some maintenance on ye old blog. I found the footer to be a bit oppressive, which led me to this link which was very helpful.

Another thing that drove me around the bend was the default behavior of wrapping words around photos. I like to wrap text around photos sometimes. Small photos are too small. Medium photos allow you to still get the point even if you don't click them to enlarge. Large photos are too large (and don't wrap text). With the font size and layout, I always get these orphaned words and blank spaces beside photos.

I made the following changes to my default template - "Minima".
Made the whole thing 60 pixels wider:

#outer-wrapper {
width: 720px;

(from 660px)

#footer {
width:720px;

(from 660px)

#header-wrapper {
width:720px;

(from 660px)

And soaked it up in the posting container:

#main-wrapper {
width: 470px;

(from 410px)
We will see if it sticks. Maybe I will be lucky and the new width will be the same as the "new post" preview... don't get me started on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment