Thursday, July 5, 2007

Shock and awe

So I talked with the American Airlines auto attendant today (Bitch Face Sally - that's her name, you can look it up). Although I appreciated the accuracy of her speech recognition, she didn't have any information about my.... Two.... bags. I naively thought that I would be able to talk to a real person who would say something like "Hello Mr. Reid, our automated tracking system located your bags as they scanned themselves through an El Al baggage desk. Although we don't have them yet, they were spotted sunning themselves with two lady bags on the Gaza Strip." Or at least BFS would say something like "Your.... Two.... bags have been found in.... H..F..A.. airport."

Thanks for nothing.

Now there is the annoyance of only having a bathing suit and the stinky Tshirt on my back to call clothes and there is the annoyance of replacing my other stuff. The real problem as I see it is that the only gift that I bought myself is in one of those bags: a bowl made from The "Y" of a tree from a Marquesan artisan. It was bulky and heavy and I fancied beautiful. Not sure my (probably) $50 insurance claim will cover all this off.

Wait - I'm already being a pessimist. Things will work out just fine. Do you hear that BFS? I'm not sweating you. I'll be talking to you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Give me a call or drop an email when you're next coming through highwayland and let's get a beer. Even better...chicken wings. When abroad and thinking of the quintessential Canadian dish, that's what I came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been a good topic for the writing competition: "Chicken wings I have met while yachting"

    Details to follow when I can face the big city. I haven't had the wings for 4 months as opposed to 2 times a week before I left. I'm due and you are just the man to take me there. The pleasure will be all mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used to do auto attendant recordings. for real. do you want me to talk to her? maybe i can make her listen to reason.

    ReplyDelete