Thursday, April 5, 2007

Wyatt, I am ROLLING

06 01 S
102 46 W

We've been having a 6-10 ft swell coming off our port quarter for DAYS. In and of itself, that’s not really a problem. The boat rolls, it rolls back and repeat. However, there are a couple of other wave forms at play and the summation creates this evil, fake half-roll that happens and out of nowhere a hard roll to the opposite rail. I can't predict it and it might happen once every 30 seconds, or once in 15 minutes. It is said that the sea is "confused", I feel like I am on some strange plane of hell in the 110th round against Muhammad Ali. Feint feint jab feint jab. Don king has his smarmy fingers on the controls of the low rider style hydraulics and my fancy red boxing shoes are too tight and slippery. Feint jab jab jab crack. For the umpteenth time I get lulled into a sleepy sense of complacency and get walloped with an overhand right. Tea, biscuits and my body go flying and the only apparent thing to do is get up and do it again.

I HAVE to do something about this. Has anyone seen my cell phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment