Sunday, April 29, 2007

M - Where for art thou?

French Keyboards suck more than Spanish keyboards. When they are attached to the first iMac sporting IE for Macs v5.0 (at $15 / hour) they are simply ludicrous. Excited that I might actually get to check my mail, I went rushing to the only computer for use on the island. 2 hours worth of waiting and technical difficulties, I was kind of writing an email. (I still haven't read my emails - hoping for Niku Hiva to save the day).

The town is interesting. Got to watch an indoor soccer match, a garage sale of sorts, eat in a restaurant, have a cold beer, soak in some culture and go for some long walks. The general state of the harbor and the fact that there are probably some better things to see on the horizon has made me pretty itchy to get going, but it is a beautiful island and the folks here are simply wonderful.

We got another 20 gallons of diesel, 80 gallons of water and got some fresh provisions (from the gas station). Gotta love that dingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment